Summary of the Sermon by Pastor Niko Prajogo, Sunday, 10 November 2019
Kingdom Power & Authority
Life is a series of challenges and trials but regardless whatever our problem maybe we can rejoice in the grace of God knowing that we have been saved through faith by the cross of Jesus Christ. We need to know Jesus personally to experience His love and plan for our lives. Who is Jesus to us? We need to grow deeper in our relationship with Jesus as the Holy Spirit reveals Jesus through His Holy Spirit. Matthew 16:13-20 For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
As God’s children, we have a mission to exercise the power and authority of Christ in our daily living:
1. To build God’s Church. The church is not a building. We are the body of Christ that makes up as a church.
on this rock, I will build my church (Matthew 28:18-20)
Jesus is Building His Church (Restoring the Kingdom of God which was lost when Adam fell into sin through His Church) Let Your Kingdom come; Let Your Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven
Jesus says He will build my church Ecclesia, it is not a building, not a religious organization – it is the Body of Christ. The Church of Jesus Christ: Called out of the world to be God’s people 1 Peter 2:9-12
· Disciples of Jesus – Learning and Living the Values of the Kingdom of God (Matthew 5-7)
· Walk in Love & Walk in Righteousness, Peace & Joy in Holy Spirit
· Become Light of the World and Salt of the Earth, share the good news of salvation. This Christmas is a good opportunity to bring one more person for Jesus.
2. We have God’s power and authority against the opposition: the gates of hell shall not prevail against it
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. (John 10:10)
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places (Ephesians 6:12) neither give place to the devil or the lust of by Flesh (flesh: greed, pride, worldly passion)
3. There is an authority given to accomplish the mission. We are in a position delegated to us by God through Christ Jesus. “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven” Authority of God is given to us for a purpose, not for self-indulgence, showing off, personal use. We must be under Authority Giver to exercise the Authority. We need to understand that authority is exercised in accordance to the mandate;
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)
Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (Luke 10:19)
How to Exercise the Authority?
1. WORD of GOD – not what you want; what God wants
Hebrews 4:12 (AMP): For the word of God is living and active and full of power [making it operative, energizing, and effective]
Isaiah 55:11 (AMP): So will My word be which goes out of My mouth; It will not return to Me void (useless, without result), Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it
2. FAITH – Ephesians 3:20
Ephesians 3:19 19: and [so that you will begin to know] what the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His [active, spiritual] power is in us who believe.
3. SPEAK – DECREE
22 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. 23 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. 24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. (Mark 11:22-24, NLT)
Since we have the same spirit of faith according to what has been written, “I believed, and so I spoke,” we also believe, and so we also speak, (2 Corinthians 4:13)
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17, NKJV)
4. PERSEVERANCE- keep doing it until something happens
5. FASTING – is seeking God and desiring Him earnestly,
Some examples of declarations of God’s words for us to proclaim:
1. For GOD knows the plans He has for me, declares the Lord, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11) This is God’s Word; Believe in God’s Word; Speak God’s Word.
2. And my God will meet all my needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus – Philippians 4:9
3. For Father: Father to bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord (Ephesians 6:4)
4. For Children: Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right (Ephesians 6:1)
5. For Husband: Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her (Ephesians 5:25)
6. For Wife: Wives, submit to your own husbands (Ephesians 5:22)
7. As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15)
Release God’s power and authority upon our situation, decree the word of God for the Kingdom’s sake. Exercise the power and authority of Christ to see His glory as we take God at His word.