Summary of the Sermon by Pastor Samuel Smadja, SAR – El Group Founder, at Bethany International Service, on Sunday, 25 June 2017.
The Right Heart before God
The Book of Isaiah is like the Bible itself. It contains 66 chapters just like the Bible.
Isaiah 40 - Tell Jerusalem that her sins are forgiven.
Isaiah 53 - God is sending a suffering Servant
Isaiah 54 - God is asking us to be joyful despite being barren.
Isaiah 66 - God is against religious acts. God is not interested in your religious acts, He is interested in your heart. We need to do it sacrificially.
Ezekiel 37 - God does not want us to satisfy Him, He wants us to please Him.
2 Chronicles 20 - We see how God delivered Israel from her enemies. God has promised and He will deliver.
2 Chronicles 20:14
- We need to learn to stop and listen to what God has for us.
- Don’t worry, don’t be afraid. It is not your battle.
- The problem is not yours but we keep holding on to it.
- Pass your problems to God, pass it in faith, your salvation will come from the Lord.
- When we are in the middle of a problem, we have to stand and see, and depend on the salvation of God.
- Stop looking at your problems and start looking upon God.
- Enjoy the forgiveness that God gave us.
- God wants to deliver us from shame and guilt.
- God wants to use you, God has a purpose for your life.
- Your job is just a tool in the Kingdom of God.
- Put your problems before Me and you will do what I call you to do.
- God encourages us to take a position in the Kingdom of God.
- When we look upon our righteousness, we are unable to see the righteousness in God.
- God wants us to look upon His righteousness.
- We are called to be active in the Kingdom of God.
- God wants to deliver us. We need to learn to surrender our problems and challenges to Him.